Corner of Central Ave. and 1st St. in Albuquerque, N.M., in 1927. This picture shows a car involved in a minor collision with one of the last street car runs in Albuquerque. Street cars, or trolleys, were discontinued on December 31st, 1927, and were replaced by busses. The auto in the accident is thought to have belonged to the Pierce Roday family. The scene is looking west down Central from 1st St. Butt’s Drug Store can be seen on the right, and further down the street are the Combs Hotel, the Armijo Building, and the 1st National Bank, which was the tallest building in town. Triple-globed street lights, which were prevalent in Downtown Albuquerque for many years, are also pictured.
3rd and Railroad (now Central Ave.), looking east in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ca. 1897. Pictured on the left are the Rosenwald Store (site of the future Rosenwald Building and later First National Bank) and the Solen E. Rose Hardware Co. (Studebaker Wagons).
View of Albuquerque, New Mexico at Second Street and Gold Avenue, looking east. Business housed in the city block shown, from left to right, include the K of P Hall, the Postal Telegraph, Rose hardware, Weiler & Co., Fox Jeweler, and Dr. L. M. Chamberlin, dentist. The first floor of this building housed the First National Bank.
Boss Saloon, gambling and concert hall, located at 115 1/2 Railroad Ave. between First and Second St.; St. Louis Restaurant at left. (Image credit: Center for Southwest Research, University Libraries, University of New Mexico)
Street car tracks running from New to Old Town, Albuquerque, NM, ca. 1880. Building in center, at Sixth Street and Railroad Avenue, is the E.W. Spencer Drug Store, Eismann Bros. Wool Warehouse is on the right. Middle distance on the right is Immaculate Conception Church on corner of Sixth Street and Copper Avenue.
Albuquerque, N.M. in the late 1880’s or early 1890’s. This picture was taken from Walter (?) Street and Gold Avenue in the early 1890’s, probably 1893 or 1894. The three story building to the right was built to house the Albuquerque Academy. In 1894 the Academy defaulted on its mortgage, and the building went to the City of Albuquerque. For many years it was used by the University of New Mexico, and later it became a library.
Albuquerque Hardware Company, Railroad Avenue and First Street, Albuquerque.
Street scene in Albuquerque, N.M., looking west down Railroad Ave. from First St. At left, the European Hotel, facing at right, the Metropolitan Bldg. Trolley tracks visible in street.
San Felipe Hotel, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Cobb Studio Photo. Circa 1890. Located at 5th Street and Gold Avenue.